Maximizing Your Leadership Potential (MLP)
- Tuition: $4,200
- Length: 3 days
- Average Class Size: 16 to 18
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- ‹ prev
- next ›
For first-time managers, newly-promoted managers or managers of individual contributors, this 3-day Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) program prepares individuals to achieve lasting results through people. Maximizing Your Leadership Potential has been offered at Eckerd College for more than 25 years and is ranked as one of the best programs of its kind in the world. Based on the most recent leadership research, this developmental process uses a variety of in-depth self-awareness tools and activities to enhance leadership capabilities of first-level managers. MLP graduates typically describe the program as the most beneficial development experience they've ever had.
If you're in the early stages of your management career or are managing other people for the first time, you know that the shift from successful individual contributor to effective manager can be tricky. As a first-time manager or supervisor, your perspective expands, your responsibilities increase and your ability to achieve goals requires a dramatically enhanced set of people skills. To be an effective leader, you need a solid understanding of your own leadership style, strengths and weaknesses—as well as an array of tactics for getting the best performance out of others. Maximizing Your Leadership Potential addresses your specific leadership challenges and prepares you to achieve results by leading others.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential provides first-time managers and supervisors with practical steps they can take to
- Increase the commitment and engagement of the team
- Build sustainable relationships and increase productivity
- Leverage the power of conflict
- Influence others by aligning their needs to the needs of the project
- Understand others' perspectives
- Provide constructive feedback
- Intensive feedback. A comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills most critical to success at this level provides deeply personalized data for feedback and improvement.
- An interactive hands-on format. Tangible action steps and how-to's prepare participants to take action upon returning to work.
- Take-home tools. Resources are tailored to support the newly-enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Personal coaching. Participants are provided with 100 minutes of one-to-one coaching during the classroom session plus a 45-minute post-classroom coaching call.
"The training Eckerd College provided this year has been nothing short of wonderful. We have heard from our employees that this is the best training they have ever had. We are absolutely THRILLED with the impact this training has had!"
Chief, Workforce Development, U.S. Army TACOM
Related Program: Leadership Development Program